Everything you think you know about book marketing?
It’s a lie.
>>>Stop marketing. Sell books on autopilot. Learn how!<<<
When I ask new authors to share their biggest challenges, I always hear the same frustrations around book marketing:
- “Putting together a marketing strategy is a challenge because I don’t have a strategy.”
- “Maintaining visibility and sales (consistently) after launch is hard without spending tons of money on promotional sites.”
- “Marketing is my hardest challenge because I’m not sure how to build my email list.”
- “Biggest challenge so far has been marketing. I’m not as tech savvy as I’d like to be, all the peripherals have been a nightmare!”
- “Marketing is probably the biggest challenge because of the time involved.”
- “Being heard above the white noise. I spend a ton of time marketing and feel like I’m spinning my wheels to reach readers… I feel like I’m missing a huge component of the puzzle and can’t seem to figure out where to put my marketing efforts so they make a difference.”
Does any of this sound familiar?
And there’s another problem. It’s not only the time involved, learning curve or overwhelm that challenges new authors. It’s also that:
1) Most of what they’re doing doesn’t work, at all, and they don’t know what’s wrong or how to fix it.
2) They think marketing means reaching out to strangers and telling them about your book. They feel instinctively that they’re being sleazy. And they are. They think they need more confidence so they can just keep doing it anyway. They don’t!
There’s a better way: attracting the right readers to you naturally, and building a system that sells your books on autopilot, so you can get back to writing.
These are some of the ideas I played with in Book Marketing is Dead.
But I wrote that a couple years ago, and I’ve learned a lot since then. I also feel limited by the amount of value I can provide in a books – a course or email series is better because I can add pictures and videos actually showing you how to set everything up successfully. A well-built author platform is a marketing machine.
I can teach you to build one in just three weeks, and you’ll never have to worry about these problems – not having enough time/overwhelm – again. When you’re done you’ll have a solid plan, you’ll know exactly what to do, and marketing will become easy, fun and enjoyable.
Don’t believe me? Sign up and allow me to prove it to you!
In the past five years I’ve helped thousands of authors get ready to publish their books. And while I’ve focused mainly on producing a high quality, well-designed product (because I know how much it matters) when we’re done I kind of feel like I’m dumping them out on the curb. They have no idea how to…
- build an author website
- get traffic to it
- get news media to talk about them
- attract new readers
- get people on their email list (not to mention setting it up)
- create their author bio and story
- write sales copy that sells the book and converts
and SO MANY other things. The problem is that most of this stuff takes months to build up, but authors are ready to publish right now and haven’t thought about their author platform until it’s too late. For far too many authors, the platform is something they decide to build after the book is ready, to generate more sales.
The problem with the internet
There’s an abundance of material about book marketing online. The problem is learning about marketing is not the same as actually doing it. You can learn a lot about marketing and still have no idea how to set up a WordPress website or integrate your mailing list or design optin offers or set up drip content; you can understand what you need to do without actually knowing how to do it.
So while those other courses seem awesome on the surface, you rarely get the in-depth, nuts and bolts guidance that you need. That’s why I’m building my own system that will take you from having no online platform to having a powerful author empire that can launch bestselling books in only 3 weeks.
Because you don’t need a thousand book marketing tips or Amazon hacks. They aren’t going to help you. You need to concentrate on the basics: the crucial elements that are killing your book sales. After you fix those, you need an organized plan of action, with simple steps, to setting up a marketing funnel that can run itself. (It’s a lot like having a robot assistant do your marketing for you).
I’ve launched fiction and non-fiction books successfully and have built systems that get 100+ email optins a day. That’s 3000 new readers on your email list every month. You think that would help you launch your book to #1?
Absolutely. And I’m going to teach you exactly how I did it.
Each day we’ll focus on just one topic and really hone in. You’ll get a really long, in-depth email on the basics, and I’ll send you a link to a video you can watch. After the lesson, look over your current material / platform and make notes on what can be improved.
- Write a heroic author platform that inspires people to love and support you
- Write a book that millions of hungry readers will be hungry to buy
- Make a beautifully designed book that people will want to sleep with
- Self-publish and distribute your book around the world for free
- Stand out, get found, increase visibility
- Get blurbs and book review without begging
- Set up a perfect author website that sells books while you sleep
- Build your email list so quickly you’ll have to start culling subscribers
- Turn readers into addicts with an unmissable email series campaign
- Write 10 blog posts that bring you thousands of new readers a day
- Get famous overnight by writing guest posts for high traffic blogs
- Get famous people with influence to promote your book for you
- Test your sales funnels with advertising to see where you’re losing buyers
- Master social media to easily build your platform and charm readers
- Cast a wider net: reddit, librarything, linkedin, goodreads and more
- Use Slideshare and Youtube to double traffic and win the internet
- Generate early interest in your book by asking questions
- Identify, target and detour your target readers like bees to honey
- Make your offer more valuable with prizes, awards and incentives
- The automatic bestseller book launch campaign that works every time
- Staying relevant by newsjacking current events and trends in your field
After the course is done (in three weeks), you’ll have a very specific, highly detailed, actionable book marketing plan you can begin to implement, and you’ll finally start seeing the results you’ve been looking for.
I want you to start with the email series so you don’t get overwhelmed. One thing at a time. Learn and understand the basics before you roll up your sleeves and start tweaking. Action without education leads to ruin.
But after you make it through the course and understand what you need to do, actually figuring out how to use all the tools, references, resources and materials can be extremely frustrating. So I’m actually going to turn each topic into a short ebook.
Then I’m going to turn the whole series into a big video course. You may not need that much help, but I want it to be there for you in case you need it.
But don’t worry about all that yet; I’ll tell you more about the books and course after you’ve gone through the 21-day email series. By then you should have a much clearer understanding of what you need to do to find your readers, get them on your email list, sell more books, and stop wasting time on “book marketing” efforts or paid promotions that just don’t work.