I’m finally putting together a list of the tools and resources I use to build traffic, increase conversions, design amazing promotional materials and advertisements, write and publish books, build courses and landing pages, and make passive income online.
It took me about 10 years to figure it all out, and the first five years I worked really hard and didn’t make very much money. But now I can pretty much write full-time, own my time and schedule, live a nomadic lifestyle and create my own magnificent adventure.
These are some of the tools and resources that helped me get here.
Book Writing and Editing
- Learn Scrivener Fast
- Plot Dot: a Visual Guide to Plotting (mine) [FREE PDF]
- The Zombie Guide to Good Grammar (mine)
- Book Review Targeter
- Author Marketing Club
- Reviewers for Books
- 100 Reviewers
- DIY Book Cover Templates (mine)
- DIY Book Formatting Templates (mine)
- Creativindie Book Covers
Courses and Education
- Joanna Penn’s How to write a novel
- Mark Dawson Ads for Authors / Self-publishing formula
- Nick Stephenson First 10K readers
- Blank page to published author in 90 days (free workshop)
- 21 Day Bestselling Author Platform + Guerrilla Publishing (mine)
- How to Build a Profitable Online Business in 24 Hours or Less (mine)
- Paid to Create: Produce More Great Work (mine)
- Teachable (online course building system)
Inspiration and Goal Setting
- The Very Serious and Boring Coloring Book for Responsible Adults (mine)
- Color and Grow Rich (mine + N. Hill.)
My Books (get these free)
- How to Write, Format, Publish, Promote Your Book
- 100 Publishing Questions Answered
- Cover Design Secrets that Sell More Books
- Book Marketing is Dead
- Guerrilla Publishing
Book Promotion + Keyword Research
- Ebook Booster
- Book Marketing: free ebook submission tool
This is a book by Russell Brunson, the founder of Clickfunnels – it literally changed my business, and was a huge turning point in my life. I was frustrated because, even though I get a lot of traffic and people seem to trust me and love my content, I wasn’t making sales. I already knew I needed to focus more on telling stories, but I didn’t have a clear, specific roadmap.
The most revealing sentence in the book is this: “Teaching the best content can actually hurt sales. But learning how to identify, break and rebuild false belief patterns got people to take action they needed in order to change. I learned how to tell stories.”
Russell has a “just pay shipping” deal – he’s a hardcore internet marketer so his pages are a bit overwhelming, but the information in this book changed my life.