I talk a lot about book marketing on this site, but I’m not very organized… so I went through and picked some of my favorite posts. There’s a LOT of content here. For the most recent stuff, you should Click Here to search the site for new posts on book marketing. Also, you should grab Book Marketing is Dead on Amazon. I recently pulled out all the most highlighted passages from the book, here they are. If nothing else, start with these!
- Your product doesn’t matter when you’re marketing – YOU matter; how you present yourself, how you talk and communicate, how you make other people feel.
- Make a list of 25 influential people online who you’d love to be friends with.
- And that’s what building an author platform is about – getting people to know and like you, so they can make an emotional connection with you. The way to do that is by sharing a powerful author story: in other words, you need to summarize your life in the format of an emotional story that captivates the imagination.
- Before you do anything to promote yourself or your work, you MUST be able to articulate plainly, succinctly, and without hesitation: why you write what you write, and who cares that you write it. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and dig deep into who you are, what you stand for, and why you create the work that you do–and for whom you are creating it.
- “Your #1 goal as an author should be to grow your email list as much as possible. Write that on a post-it.”
Most popular articles for book marketing in 2016
Remember to Click Here to search the site for new posts on book marketing.
Also, eventually I’ll finish a big course on building an author platform in 21 days. More on that here.
If you like any of these, please share them!